We are excited to help you take that first step to the next step in your relationship. The Diamond Fairy knows that the process of uniting two lives into one can be a stressful one and we want to make sure that picking that perfect ring is not one of them. Here are some tips to help you get started.
- Decide how much you want to spend. You will be presented with an endless amount of styles and choices when picking a ring. By having a set budget that you are comfortable with, it will eliminate some possibilities and alleviate the overwhelming feeling and give you a good starting point when speaking to a dealer.
- Learn about diamonds. Its good to do some research and know what to look for when you are selecting a diamond. Start by learning the 4 C’s of diamonds, learn about florescence and treatments, synthetics and stimulants.
- Understand the recipients taste in jewelry. Pay attention to the kind of jewelry the recipient of the ring already wears. Is he or she more classic or modern? Does they wear more white metals or yellow gold, tend to be more delicate or chunky? Sleek or ornate? Have these preferences in mind when you set out to shop.
- Know the ring size. Maybe find an existing ring and use that as a reference. If a ring is not normally worn, ask your jeweler what the average size of a ring is and start from there.
- Know favorite shapes and cutting style. This ring will be worn every day of your married life. It will need to go with everything from jeans to evening wear. If you’re uncertain about diamond shape preference, it’s sensible to stick to the classics, such as a round or square shape. They became classics because they appeal to most people most of the time.
Our helpful associates at diamond fairy will be happy to help you through this process. Contact us to get started.